Many of us find ourselves wrapped up in the hustle and bustle of the holidays and forget to put an emphasis on enjoying the season of togetherness. I too am guilty of this but have made it my personal goal to keep my focus on being present since 2020.
I have found success in making this happen by following these tips and hope they help you enjoy the holiday season as much as I do.
1. Keep a flexible schedule with festive activities that bring together the ones you love. I have found that a simpler approach to spending quality time together feels more meaningful and fulfilling. Try to incorporate these fun activities which take minimal effort after a long day:
- homemade hot chocolate + game night
- late afternoon nature trek
- make cookies from scratch
2. Schedule in self-care time, this is a non-negotiable. For you to be your absolute best you need to make sure that you are taken care of first and foremost. Self-care can look different for all of us, especially during such a busy time, so stick with what works for you. These are my go-to options:
3. Honor traditions that matter to YOU. Remember that the holidays are not supposed to look any particular way, they can be whatever you want them to be. I like to use them as the glue that bring us all together to celebrate the season of togetherness. For me and my family, this is what we do:
- Winter Solstice Celebration
- holiday pajamas and movie night
- hot chocolate and Winter Lights at the Arboretum
- afternoon hike followed by pizza and game night
From all our families to yours, Happy Holidays friends!