How to Incorporate Gua Sha for Glowing Skin
Translated from Chinese, Guāshā meaning "scrape sand," has been popularized from Traditional Chinese Medicine and is now used in both spa and home settings. This practice is known to reduce congestion, inflammation, edema and fine + set-in lines while plumping skin and evening tone.
Gua Sha stimulates circulation through lymphatic massage with the application of smooth edged stones on skin to encourage natural detox leading to a more vibrant, healthy complexion.
We feature an Aventurine (ah-ven-tor-ine) quartz as part of our Soft Goods Collection. This stone features beautiful hues of green and naturally occurring darker specks that vary with each stone. Aventurine is connected to the heart chakra and has been known for prosperity + confidence.
Incorporating this ritual into your skincare routine 1-2 times a week can be beneficial for congested or puffy skin and enlarged pores. Some people include this into their routine daily to help improve contouring and vitality of skin.
How to Gua Sha
- On freshly cleansed skin with a nutrient dense facial oil, apply stone with gentle, yet firm pressure. Keep the tool at an almost flat angle against the skin.
- Begin at the base of the neck & move upward incrementally towards the base of the chin.
- Follow directional arrows from neck upward towards forehead then back down again.
- Glide across skin 6-8 times for each area adjusting pressure around inflamed blemishes.
- A gentle stretch with mild pressure is ideal for skin. Mild reddening and warming is expected.